Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I really need to say something about this, but I don't have the time to put it into words at the minute.

Some of you may have heard that Stan Winston died on sunday.



This was a really big blow to me. When I heard about it my stomach sank, and I immediately got sick. For those of you who don't know he was a part of the old guard in special effects makeup. The name may not be familiar, but the impressive list of movies (Aliens, Predator Jurassic park The Terminator...) is going to resonate withy any film fan.

It has been a few years since I left the film industry for personal reasons. I am starting to question that decision. I just realized how few people out there doing that kind of art, and I may have been kidding myself that this was not a part of me....

No comments: