Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hello my lovelies.

It's been a while. Work and weddings and such got in the way of me posting. I'll not let that happen again.

To make it up to you I've got a ton of content for the next week. Album reviews, DVD reviews, an interview with Bobby Bird of HIA/System Error. (Not to mention the return of woefully out of print Friday)

All of this for you. My loyal fan-base. :)

For now how about a little bit of news?

First bit. The Horrors.



I don't hide the fact that I love the band for 2 reasons.

1. The music is really cool in a psychobilly sort of way- minus the billy. (and as you may guess I'm not a little bit country in the least bit)

2. Their first video was directed by Chris friggin Cunningham!

So, I was pleased as punch when I got this message via a myspace bulletin:

US HORRORS FAN – PRE-ORDER THE HORRORS US EP NOW

The Horrors are releasing a 5 track EP Stateside on October 23rd as an introduction to all you guys over there. The tracklisting is:

1. Death At The Chapel
2. Crawdaddy Simone
3. Sheena Is A Parasite
4. Jack The Ripper
5. Excellent Choice
Enhanced with the 'Sheena Is A Parasite' video

PRE-ORDER THE HORRORS EP by OCT 23 and receive a limited edition autographed poster!
Go here now to pre-order the EP.

Autographed poster AND the Sheena video. No brainer yo. BUY IT!

Now for something completely different.

I love Asian cinema. Tartan Entertainment has been releasing some of the best films out there under the Asia Extreme banner. (Including the Chanwook Park revenge trilogy, not to mention a bevy of other amazing flicks)

A little birdie told me that for the next 2 weeks a bunch of them (including Marebito, Cello, Face, Koma, Phone, Wishing Stairs, Whispering Corridors, Memento Mori, Acacia, Unborn But Forgotten, Doppelganger, The Booth, and Pray) will be on sale at Walmart for $9 monies each. I'm not the biggest Walmart fan, but if you'd like to build up your Asia Extreme this would be the best way a cheap way to do it.

That's all for now. I'll get something posted either late Sunday or early monday. Until then have a great weekend!

PS. Make this weekend a shoegazer weekend with some Slowdive. It's what all of the cool kids are doing. ;)

1 comment:

micah said...

slowdive, eh? you know there are still good shoegazer bands out there. it surprised me to learn, a few years back, that genre was still alive and kicking. look for:

malory
the daysleepers
füxa
a beautiful machine

gooooood stuff.