Thursday, July 13, 2006

Myspace Part 2- oh the HORRORS!

Ok, so I've learned to plan a bit better for my theme weeks, and maybe I don't know write the entries out ahead of time.

But that is neither here nor there.

Today I am covering a little band called The Horrors. They are a horror/gage/punk/surf band. Think The Cramps, only louder and with a thick London accent.

Normally I'm not into the whole gothabilly/psychobilly thing (most things influenced by the deep south grates on my nerves like nobody's business) but these guys cut out all of the crap that I really don't like (the billy) and stick to the cool stuff. Well worth the listen!

Their debut 7" Sheena is a Parasite/Jack the Ripper is pretty much sold out everywhere. I can't wait to hear a full length.

Now, I don't want you kids to think that I was going to leave you without pretty pictures, oh heavens no! One of the reasons that the band grabbed my attention in the first place was that the video for Sheena was directed by non other than my favorite director Chris Cunnigham.



(I apologize for the craptastic you tube quality. I'll see if I can track down a better version.)

Tune in tomorrow when I'll have a proper post to finish up for this first attempt at a theme week.

The Horrors Myspace page.

No comments: