Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's July 25th, and I think you all know what that means...



HAPPY SILENT SHOUT DAY!!

Finally, after months of listening to low grade mp3s those of us unfortunate enough to live in the states can finally get our grubby little paws on a copy of The Knife's 3rd record.

I myself am as giddy as a school girl about it. This record is probably going to stay in my top 3 of 2006 (with Eraser being just a bit higher on the scale due to my rampant fanboydom)

I think this is another record that if you have spent any time on the blogosphere, and have somehow not heard it mentioned you are either:

A. Blind
2. Not paying attention
D. Don't care.

I myself fell in love with the first listen and have been spinning it on my ipod since I first downloaded it. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The Knife homepage
Mute records page about Silent Shout

Also of note today:



Easily one of my favorite shows on TV. Also one of the smartest things ever committed to animation. There was mucho controversy when the show was first released with claims that it was too racist for tv. Eff that I say. It was a very realistic depiction of racial tension in the US. It's not (as the ignorant right wing claimed) hateful towards whites. I see it as empowering by pointing out the fallacies of our society. One of the best things on tv, and I hope with it's dvd release more people will give the show the time it deserves, and really pay close attention to what is going on around them.

Buy the Boondocks at Amazon

Finally we have


Here is the info from the Tartan Films website:

Mi-ju, played by the beautiful Sung Hyun-Ah, is a brilliant cellist who craves peace and stability after surviving a car crash, which killed her best friend. Haunted by terrifying memories of the accident, she decides to forgo a professional career in music, in favor of teaching college students and her daughter how to play. Unfortunately, things begin to go terribly wrong. One of her students attacks her, her sister in-law becomes dangerously obsessed with her fiancĂ©e, and the new housekeeper is scaring her to death. Further, there is something very ominous and portentous about the music coming out of her daughter’s cello.

Cello has gotten some rave reviews, and I cannot wait to see it! Be on the lookout for a review soon!

Tartan Films info page on Cello

Ok, time to get to a store. Later taters!

No comments: