Tuesday, July 11, 2006

We interrupt this theme week with a Tuesday new release bulletin

A few notables from today...

Thom Yorke- The Eraser

Unless you have been living under a rock, you are probably well aware that Thom of that one band Released a solo album today.

Do you need it? Well, asking that of a bonafide Radiohead fanboy my answer would be an enthusiastic "hell to the yes!" HOWEVER, I realize not everybody is nearly as over-zealous about my boys from Oxford. That being the case, I submit this to you- do you like the electronica of Kid A ? Yes? Then you will probably dig this record quite a bit. No? It may not be your cup of tea.

The Eraser
radioheaddotcom
XL Recordings

Jesus and Mary Chain re-issues.



Another of those do you need it sort of releases. Do you? I happen to be a big fan of J&MC. I purchased both Psycho Candy, and Honey's Dead (sadly, Darklands was not available during my record store excersion) I'm probably going to spring for the others later on this week, yes I am a sucker for shoegazer rock. I am also a sucker for bonus features, and lets be honest here. Music videos always kick butt. (as does dvd audio, and remasters... ok I'm just a sucker and I must like buying my cds several times... lets just hope ther are never any dvd audio versions of Skinny Puppy's back catalogue anytime soon...)

Jesus and Mary Chain at Rhino Records

Muse Black Holes and Revelations

On first listen this reminded a lot of a glam rock influenced Ok Computer Not at all a bad thing. I think it will grow on me a bit, but at first listen the Queen-like vocal harmonies were just a little bit alien to my ears...

[//edit//2:55 am//7.12//] Say, wouldn't it have been smart of me to upload this thing when it wrote it earlier today?

No comments: